Business Terms & Conditions
Regulation We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number is FRN668885. We are permitted to act as a Credit Broker. We are not a funder or a finance provider.
You may check this information on the FCA’s Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0845 606 1234.
Our Services We offer our services to you which include:
- Arrange finance with a finance provider on your behalf after you have agreed to the cost and funders charges. We offer a range of products from a panel of finance providers. Our staff will advise and make recommendations for you based on an assessment of your needs and affordability. We will quote figures based on our finance providers pricing. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes based on receipt of the full proposal. We may occasionally approach more than one finance provider from our panel of finance providers in order to obtain a credit acceptance. This may result in more than one credit search being registered. Additional information may be required by finance providers. You (the consumer) also acknowledge that any organisation approached for credit will need to undertake credit checks with a credit reference agency which could affect your credit rating. Where possible, we will aim to restrict the number of credit checks we carry out against you. We will conduct confirmation of your financial suitability via an affordability check. The selected finance provider may check this again using a credit search or check. Non-payment of credit agreements may affect your credit rating and may result in the vehicle being repossessed by the finance provider or action being taken via the County Courts. This may also affect the probability of you being accepted for credit in future. Alternative sources of finance may be available to you (for example, from other credit brokers or finance providers, or through banks or internet aggregators). We recognise that it is important for customers to be able to shop around for alternative sources of credit.
- Preparing and witnessing appropriate loan documentation on behalf of the funder
We are not linked to any of our lending panel members.
We recognise it is important for customers to be able to shop around for credit and alternative sources of credit.
Some of the services that we provide are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You will be advised in advance of any such proposal or service.
Quotations We will quote figures based on our funders cost of funds. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes on receipt of the full proposal.
Our Remuneration We do not charge a fee for our service, but we may receive a commission from the product provider. We do not take credit for payments due until the funding has been paid out. You are entitled, at any time, to request information regarding any payment which we may have received as a result of placing your finance with a funder.
Cancellation If on reflection and within the cancellation period you are unhappy with any part of the finance agreement, you may exercise your rights to cancel under the Consumer Credit Directive. Customers will have a cooling off period of up to 14 days within which to cancel their order. Full details of the cooling off period will be included in your finance contract with the finance provider. If we have not heard from you on or before the expiry of your statutory cancellation period, we will assume your total satisfaction of the finance product choice and terms of the agreement. In the event that an order is cancelled prior to delivery, We may charge a cancellation fee, up to the value of the initial rental + VAT for services already provided. (The cancellation fee will be payable upon receipt of our invoice within our payment terms).
Treating you Fairly We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
- Conduct our business with due skill, care and integrity
- Never put ourselves in a position where our primary duty to you is compromised
- Deal with any complaint sympathetically and independently of the colleague to whom the complaint is directed
- Be transparent in the matter of our remuneration
Respect your confidentiality
Complaints If you wish to register a complaint please contact Graham Lesslie, Director in writing at Gofor Finance Ltd, 3 Lochside Way, Edinburgh, EH12 9DT or by telephone on 0345 299 0450. Our internal complaints procedure is available on request. Any financial services complaints we cannot settle may be referred to either the BVRLA Conciliation Service or the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The contact details are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, HP7 0DD
E-mail – email@example.com
Your Responsibilities In order for us to fulfil our responsibilities to you, you must:
- Read the documentation we give you and let us know if there is anything that is unclear or that does not represent your requirements
- Comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement we arrange for you.
Data Protection and Confidentiality We are registered under the Data Protection Regulations and abide by the requirements of the Regulations. The information we receive from you is used to provide quotations and arrange finance with a funder. You have the right to cancel your authority to use such information. Before or after you enter into any agreement with a funder, to help make credit decisions, the funder will make a credit search with a credit reference agency. If you are a company or partnership they will also make enquiries about the principle director(s) or partner(s) with a credit reference agency. Full details of the use and disclosure of your information by the funder is contained within the terms and conditions of any agreement which you should read before signing.
All customers’ records are treated as private and confidential and Gofor Finance Ltd therefore reserves the right to give you copies of your particular records rather than allow access to files containing records concerning other clients. If you want sight of your records please send a request to Graham Lesslie, Director, Gofor Finance Ltd, 3 Lochside Way, Edinburgh, EH12 9DT.
We are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
Contact Us If you have any additional questions in relation to any information included in this document, please contact us directly on 0345 299 0450 or at : firstname.lastname@example.org